Download Book PDFDownload
- Agriculture Heritage in India
- Development of Human Culture and Beginning of Agriculture
- INDUS Civilization (3250BC- 2750 BC)
- Status of Farmer in the Society During INDUS, Vedic, Buddhist, Mauryan, Gupta, and Sangam periods
- KAUTILYA’S ARTHA-SASTRA, AGRICULTURE, ANIMAL HUSBANDRY, COMMODITY TRADE etc. – FEATURES OF VILLAGE
- AGRICULTURE IN THE SANGAM LITERATURE OF TAMIL NADU
- Astronomy – Prediction Of Monsoon Rains; Parashara, Varamihira, Panchanga in comparison to modern methods
- ANCIENT SOIL CLASSIFICATION AND MAINTENANCE OF SOIL PRODUCTIVITY
- Water harvesting and irrigation developments during different periods – water storage – distribution and relevance to modern agriculture.
- PLANT PROTECTION IN ANCIENT PERIOD – ITK – HARVESTING – THRESHING AND STORAGE
- CROPS – INDIGENOUS AND INTRODUCED – HISTORY OF RICE, SUGARCANE AND COTTON
- GARDENING IN ANCIENT AND MEDIEVAL PERIOD – ARBORI HORTICULTURE – ORCHARDS
- TRADITIONAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- VEGETABLE FARMING – FLORICULTURE – PERFUMES and MEDICINAL PLANTS Vegetable farming
- Role of cattle and other domestic animals- management of cattle for draught and milk – indigenous breeds
- Description of Indian civilization and agriculture by travellers from China, Europe and USA
- OUR JOURNEY IN AGRICULTURE AND VISION FOR THE FUTURE
Disclaimer:-Feedback: After Reading/Examining entire Course Contents, Please give your feedback for Refinement of the e-Courseware contents on the portal.
The information on this website does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the courseware contents. The contents are provided free for non-commercial purposes such as teaching, training, research, extension and self-learning.